- UBNT devices to upgrade
- A narrow tool like the pin of a headset or paper clip to press down reset button
- A Ethernet Cable
- A PC or Laptop alreadyconfigured to access the units (es. )
- Network settings of PC: 192.168.1.254/255.255.255.0
- TFTP client running on PC
- AirOSfirmware file (e.g. ar2316.v3.4-rc.4351.090504.2146.bin… you can find it in AirOS Support Page, check for yor device!)
Note: this guide refer to PC running Windows OS, but is easly applicable to other OS.
- Do not switch off, do not reboot and do not disconnect the device from the power supply during the firmware upgrade process as these actions will damage the device!
Recovery procedure (applies to AirOS devices running firmware v1.5 or higher)
- First of all, power off the device
- Setup your PC: Windows PC’s Ethernet must be configured manually with the following settings (under Network Connections):
IP Address: 192.168.1.254, Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0
- Connect AirOSdevice to PC
- Begin by depressing the reset button. Keep holding, then power the unit on. Wait 8 seconds then release the button. Signal LEDs will be lit indicat that device is ready for recovery
- Make sure that AirOSdevice responds to pinging (perform a ping 192.168.1.20 from a DOS window), if it does not, go back to the first step
- Upload firmware image file .binto 192.168.1.20, using a TFTP client software (binary mode). Windows integrate a command line TFTP client or download specific third part utility to upload AirOS Below two examples:
- Windows Alternative 1: From Windows PC, you can use TFTP command line from a DOS window (START>>>CMD):
Go into the same directory structure as the firmware (e.g., assuming that you have stored the image files in c:\firmware directory, type the command :cd c:\firmware) and enter the following (for help type TFTP -h) , e.g.:
tftp -i 192.168.1.20 put XS2.ar2316.v3.4-rc.4351.090504.2146.bin
- Windows Alternative 2: Download and execute tftp2and configure it as in the image and upgrade.
- Signal LEDs will keep blinking one by one in 4 different colors during firmware upgrade. Wait for about 7-10 minutes (devices and firmware depending) – do not power off the device during procedure!
Generic Linux distribution integrate a commanda line TFTP client. From a PC running a Linux like OS, you can upload via TFTP typing in Terminal Console following commands (for example):
tftp> put XS2.ar2316.v3.4-rc.4351.090504.2146.bin
Sent 1965199 bytes in 35.2 seconds tftp> exit